Bike Tour: Mountains & Sea
8 Day Tour. May to early October
Trentino South Tyrol
Good 3-Star Hotel
3. May - 4. October
- DAY 1: Arrive in South Tyrol and stay overnight in the Toblach area.
- DAY 2: Through the Puster Valley (ca. 50 km, easy) - Go by bicycle with your tour guide from Toblach along the Reinz River to Bruneck. Take a break there, then continue along the Puster Valley, passing alongside the imposing mountains as far as Mühlbach. Spend the night in the same hotel.
- DAY 3: From Toblach to Drautal in East Tyrol (ca. 50 km, easy) - Today’s tour starts in Toblach in the midst of the Dolomites and in reach of the world-famous Three Peaks. Follow along the Drava River, going downhill through the Puster Valley. Enjoy the lush meadows on the left and the rugged mountain slopes of the Dolomites to the right, stopping for the day at Leinz. Overnight in the same hotel as before.
- DAY 4: From Toblach to San Vito di Cadore (ca. 40 kms, easy to medium difficulty) - Starting from Toblach, cycle along the abandoned railway line via Cimabanche to the fashionable ski resort of Cortina d’Ampezzo. Enjoy the view of the Cristallo Massif and the imposing peaks of the Tofane. After lunch, continue onwards to San Vito di Cadore, today’s cycling destination. Then relax, taking a bus and then a boat to Lido di Jesolo where your hotel for tonight awaits your arrival.
- DAY 5: From Venice´s lagoon to Treviso (ca. 50 km, easy)- Start this day’s tour in the Venetian lagoon and follow the “Greenway” cycle path along the Sile River as far as the city of Treviso. Overnight in the same hotel in Lido di Jesolo.
- DAY 6: By Bike and Boat to Venice (ca. 50 km, easy) - Start the day by cycling along the Jesolo peninsula to Punta Sabbioni, catching a boat from there to the magnificent city of Venice where you’ll enjoy the freedom and adventure of exploring the city on your own. Then return by boat to Punta Sabbioni and cycle back to your hotel in Lido di Jesolo.
- DAY 7: From Lido di Jesolo to Caorle (ca. 30 km, easy) - Set out this morning from Lido di Jesolo, first cycling along the coast, then following the Piave River into the hinterlands. Passing the village of Eraclea, cycle back to the sea and along the coastal landscapes as far as the town of Caorle. Once there, take your leisure exploring the town (or, alternatively, return by bus to Lido di Jesolo and enjoy a stroll along the beach). Same hotel as previous nights.
- DAY 8: Breakfast, check-out and departure.