Marche & Abruzzo
8 Day Tour. March to June & September to October
Good 3-Star Hotel
1. March - 31. October
- DAY 1: Arrive at your hotel in the Pesaro area on the Adriatic Coast.
- DAY 2: Start off the tour with a trip to Urbino, the “Beauty Queen of Marche”, and one of Italy’s most important university towns - a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1998.
- DAY 3: Today you’ll visit Jesi, the birthplace of the Holy Roman Emperor, Frederick II. In the morning you’ll be able to view the ramparts, bastions, and gates of the old town, dating from the 14th century. And in the afternoon, there will be free time for shopping and exploring.
- DAY 4: Today, journey to Loreto, the famous destination for pilgrims from around the world, and take a guided city tour. Then travel to your hotel in the San Benedetto del Tronto area.
- DAY 5: Expect a guided city tour of Macerata today, with its steep stairs and numerous churches and palaces. Continue on to the Monastery of “Abbadia di Fiastra” where the monks produce honey and ‘grappa’. In the afternoon, visit Tolentino which is famous for furniture production.
- DAY 6: After breakfast, travel to Ascoli Piceno for a guided tour of this city which will enchant you with its Roman and medieval art. Then you can use free time for shopping or dawdling around.
- DAY 7: On today’s agenda is a visit the Fortress of Civitella, situated on a 600 meter cliff. Afterwards, continue on to Teramo for a guided city tour.
- DAY 8: Journey home.