7 days tour. March to May & September to October
1. March - 31. October
- DAY 1: Arrive in Livorno and take the night ferry transfer to Golfo Aranci.
- DAY 2: Today you will discover the fabulous Costa Smeralda. The creeks with turquoise water bring a colourful contrast to the dark green plants and the granite rocks. You will travel through picturesque villages, for example Porto Cervo where you will stop to admire the small places, the typical architecture of the villas, and Stella Maris church. Keep following the coastline to the medieval church Santissima Trinità, before going to your hotel for dinner.
- DAY 3: In Alghero, you will appreciate the very inspiring Spanish influence. A guided visit will explain the important facts about the history of the city and will show you its attractions. Later, you'll enjoy a boat tour to the amazing Neptune’s grotto, a natural wonder and a trip well worth doing!
- DAY 4: The Valley of the Nuraghe is unique. You'll visit Santu Antine (access fee to be paid at the entrance), before heading up to Bosa. In this town, known to be the most beautiful in Sardinia, you will also see the Castello dei Malaspina and the medieval city-centre. On your way back to the hotel, you will have a wine tasting and follow the coastline to fully enjoy the amazing panorama.
- DAY 5: Today, you'll get to discover Castelsardo. Situated on the coast, the town has a medieval castle, a historic centre, small streets, and beautiful villas. All worth seeing! Later, continue to the backcountry, where you'll get to see picturesque villages and green forests all the way to Aggius.
- DAY 6: Today's program will show you Nuoro, cultural capital of Sardinia. After, discover the old “pirates' town” of Orgosolo with its beautiful painted walls and houses. You'll continue to Supramonte where you will enjoy a shepherd’s lunch with typical local specialties. In the late afternoon, take the ferry boat in Golfo Aranci or Olbia to reach the mainland.
GOOD TO KNOW! A program combining Sardinia and Corsica is also available at X-Large Travel.
- DAY 7: Arrive in Livorno. End of our services.