Wine Routes of Northern Italy
8 Day Tour. End of March to June - September to October
Trentino South Tyrol
Good 3/4-Star Hotel
31. March - 31. October
- DAY 1: Arrival at your hotel in the South Tyrol / Trentino area.
- DAY 2: In Montagna / South Tyrol, visit Ansitz Pfitscher Winery, first Klimahaus (low-energy label) winery in Italy. Enjoy the beautiful panoramic view over the South-Tyrolean wine fields. After an interesting guided tour of the site and cellar, a tasting of selected high quality wines awaits you. In the afternoon, continue to San Paolo in Appiano on the South-Tyrol Wine Route, and the modern cellar & bar “Vis à Vis”. First, do a wine field excursion, then a generous tasting of Italian wines.
- DAY 3: Start your day with a guided visit of Merano or Bolzano. During lunchtime, you could the opportunity to tastes the culinary specialties of the land. Enjoy the free afternoon to stroll and discover further in the city, or eventually to do some shopping. On request, you can also go on an exclusive vineyard estate tour above Bolzano. There, you can enjoy a unique panorama and some excellent wines, as well as a classic South-Tyrolean snack “Bretteljause” (served on a wooden platter).
- DAY 4: Go to Trento, capital city of the neighbouring Trentino area, and enjoy some free time there. See the medieval duomo, the old buildings with their frescos and the beautiful "Castel del Buonconsiglio". After lunch, visit a winery of the region and finish up with a tasting. Then you are off to your next destination. Arrive at your hotel in Jesolo.
- DAY 5: Visit Trieste in the morning. And the Miramare Castle in the afternoon.
- DAY 6: Visit the world renowned area of Valdobbiadene and travel down the Prosecco Wine Route, where you can enjoy a Prosecco wine tasting. Return to your hotel in the evening.
- DAY 7: After breakfast, travel down to Punta Sabbioni and go to Venice by boat where you attend a guided city tour. After the tour you’ll have free time to spend as you please, for example by going on a gondola ride? In the late afternoon, you’ll return by boat to Punta Sabbioni and by bus to your hotel.