Apulia - History, Nature & Sea
- DAY 1: Arrive at your hotel.
- DAY 2: After breakfast, you leave to Bari for an interesting guided tour. You see the "Palazzi", the gothic castles, the churches with baroque architecture and the famous "Lungomare" (seashore walk). After the tour, you have time to enjoy the small historic city on your own.
- DAY 3: In the morning, you reach the nature wonder "Grotte di Castellana". These caves are so immense and beautiful, they look like natural cathedrals. After this visit, your guide takes you further to the Trullis valley, where you see - among others - the lovely village Alberobello with its unique infamous architecture. At lunch, if you wish, you can enjoy a delicious meal of local gastronomy specialities in a Masseria.
- DAY 4: After breakfast, you go to Polignano A Mare. A 2-hours boattrip takes you to visit the local coastal caves of this historical small city. Later that day, you reach Monopoli, where you can enjoy some free time to visit and do some shopping.
- DAY 5: Today you are going further South, to Lecce. A guided visit gives you the important information about this beautiful city, also known as "the Florence of the South", thanks to its numerous historical and artistic attractions. On your way back to the hotel, enjoy a relaxing wine-tasting.
- DAY 6: Departure.
TRAVEL TIP: Book one more day and discover Otranto & Gallipoli or Gallipoli & Taranto!
GOOD TO KNOW: If you wish to fly in, this program is also availble with bus transport from/to Bari Airport and on the whole tour (as described in the program). For bus transport prices, please see "optional services".
- Accommodation in a Good 4-Star Hotel
- 5 x Overnight Accommodation with Buffet Breakfast
- 5 x Dinner with Appetizing 3-Course Menu
- 1 x Full-day guided tour: Grotte di Castellana and Trullis
- 1 x Access ticket to the "Grotte di Castellana" (abour 1 hour tour)
- 2 x Half-day guided tour: Bari and Lecce
- 1 x Boat excursion to the "Grotte di Polignano a Mare" (about 2 hours)
- 1 x Wine-tasting
- Single Supplement: 100€
- Extra night with HB from 45€ / person in DBL
- Lunch of local specialties in a Masseria from 28€ / person
- Bus transport available from 350€ per day (up to 19 pax) and 420€ per day (20+ pax) for the 6-days program
- Bus transport for the extra day as advised from 600€ (up to 19 pax) and 700€ (20+ pax)
- 01.04.2018 - 30.06.2018
- 01.09.2018 - 31.10.2018