Bike Tour: Through Orchards & Vineyards
6 Day Tour. April to October
Trentino South Tyrol
Good 3-Star Hotel
1. April - 31. October
- DAY 1: Arrive by bus at Vipiteno, from where you can start the tour, travelling with your guide through Fortezza to Bressanone. (ca. 30 km. Easy) (Note: You may wish to travel directly to your hotel if your travel plans do not give you time for this ride on the first day.)
- DAY 2: From Bressanone cycle through the idyllic and fertile mountain landscapes of Valle Isarco to Bolzano. This bilingual city, with its historic arcades and Gothic cathedral, is still an important economic and cultural link between Italy and Germany. (ca. 45 km. Easy)
- DAY 3: Today your cycling guide will lead you through the wine and fruit country of the Überetsch-Unterland/Oltradige-Bassa Atesina, the valley of the Adige river south of Bolzano and the largest wine-growing region of South Tyrol. Along the way, you will visit the towns of Appiano, Termeno, Ora and Egna. (ca. 50 km. Easy)
- DAY 4: It’s a cross-country trip today, following your guide on the beautiful bike paths from Naturno through Merano to Bolzano, travelling right through the middle of the vineyards and orchards of the Adige Valley. (ca. 50 km. Easy)
- DAY 5: After enjoying your breakfast this morning, you’ll be off with your tour guide through the southernmost parts of South Tyrol where you will reach the southern border of the German language and the beginnings of the wine growing country of Trentino. Enjoy your visits to the towns of Magrè, Cortina, Salorno, and Mezzocorona.
- DAY 6: Departure.