Hiking through South Tyrol´s History
6 Day Tour. April - June & September - October
Trentino South Tyrol
Good 3-Star Hotel
1. April - 31. October
- DAY 1: Arrival at your hotel in South Tyrol.
- DAY 2: Off to Merano with the bus. Follow your guide on the “Kurpromenade” and on the footsteps of Empress Sissi on the Tappeiner Promenade. Exotic and mediterranean plants and flowers give a colourful panoramic view over the Talbecken valley of Merano. Finish up with some free time to enjoy by yourself the beautiful city of Merano, also known as the “Nice” of South Tyrol (Level: easy. About 2.5 to 3 hours).
- DAY 3: Today go on a guided tour on one of the most beautiful and famous hiking route in South Tyrol - the ancient water channel of Marling. Start on the Töll before the doors of Merano, and go through fruit plantations, vineyards and Lebenberg Castle all the way to Lana. (Level: easy. About 5 hours).
- DAY 4: Head to Eppan with the bus. From there start a guided tour between fruit plantations and vineyards up the Gantkofel mountain to the medieval castles watching over the valley. Enjoy the “old soul” atmosphere and the breathtaking panorama. (Level: easy. Length: 5km. Elevation: 300m. About 2.5 to 3 hours).
- DAY 5: Start with a guided tour of Lavis. Go over the Avisio river, which throws itself in the Adige, then up to Paganella to enjoy a beautiful panoramic view on the Talsohle valley and on Trento. Continue to the core of the bishops’ town - Trento - and end your journey in front of its cathedral. (Level: easy. About 4 hours).
- DAY 6: Departure.