Pearls of Tuscany and Chianti Festival
5 Day Tour. September 8 to 12, 2022
Good 3-Star Hotel
8. September - 12. September
- DAY 1: Check into your Hotel in Montecatini Terme.
- DAY 2: Today you’re going to Florence, the Queen of Cities of Art. Amazing sights, such as the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Giotto’s bell tower, the Piazza della Signoria and the famous Ponte Vecchio await you. On the way back to your hotel, you’ll stop in at a Fattoria, where you’ll be served a typical meal for the region.
- DAY 3: Your day will start with a drive to the small weekly market in Castellina in Chianti. Then you’ll be off to the Chianti Festival in Greve in Chianti. Enjoy the playful mood here; try real Chianti in the province where it is made, and taste the local cuisine. Don’t eat too much though, because you’ll be having dinner back at your hotel.
- DAY 4: This morning to start you off, a tour of the 500 m-high Etruscan town of Volterra. Afterwards you’ll visit a local sheep pasture where you will have a midday snack. Continuing on, you’ll visit San Gimignano, a jewel of medieval architecture and a city of towers. The day is rounded off by a wine tasting with a snack alongside.
- DAY 5: Homeward you go.