Hiking around Lake Maggiore
6 Day Tour. Mid-June to Mid-September
Good 3-Star Hotel
15. June - 15. September
- DAY 1: Arrival at your hotel in the Lake Maggiore area.
- DAY 2: After breakfast leave to Baceno. And start a beautiful hiking tour in the Val d´Ossola gorges along the river Toce. Go through the rustic village of Crego and all the way to Verampio. Finally, enjoy tasting various local delicacies. (Walking time: 4.5 hours. Altitude: about 260m).
- DAY 3: Go by bus to Cannero. From there, start hiking to the rocky site Carmine Superiore, where you´ll get a breathtaking view over theLake Maggiore from the terrace of the old roman church. Continue towards Cannobio, a medieval village with pretty shores. (Walking time: 4 hours. Altitude: about 295m).
- DAY 4: After breakfast leave for Suna. Follow the old roman mule track looking over the Lake Maggiore, going all the way to Cavandone. In the Afternoon, go by bus to Baveno, then by boat to Isola Bella and Isola dei Pescatori. (Walking time: 3 hours. Altitude: about 210m).
- DAY 5: After breakfast, reach Piedimulera by bus. From there, start hiking through the Anzasca valley to Molini-Calasca, along chestnuts woods, fruit trees, terraces, small villages and watercourses. Take the bus to Macugnaga, a beautiful alpin place with typical wooden houses, ovens and pastures lying at the bottom of the impressive Monte Rosa. (Walking time: 4 hours. Altitude: about 420m).
- DAY 6: Departure.